MACROCARPA OUTDOOR LIVING RENOVATION
Want that outdoor living area you have always dreamed about?
Contact us today for free design advice or a no obligation measure & quote.
We are proud to have recently completed a large outdoor living renovation using 140mm x 20mm macrocarpa decking. The project involved a set of large entry steps which really give the deck a grand feel. Either side of the deck are generously sized planters offering the client ample opportunity for planting whatever they choose. Atop the steps there is an expansive 70m2 of decking area. This allows for a spa area, seated lounge area and outdoor dining area. Keep scrolling for some pro’s & con’s of using the macrocarpa decking. Pro’s:
· Sustainably farmed locally here in New Zealand
· Competitively priced against other decking materials such as Kwila
· Available in both 90mm wide & 140mm wide
· Light weight
· Does not come pre-finished (Requires Coating with decking stain)
· Gauges & widths can vary throughout a pack which can cause slight imperfections when joining boards
· It is more suited towards a “rustic” looking deck as it does not wear as well as a traditional hardwood and carries some blemishes & imperfections. This is not necessarily a con but more of a taste preference.
Overall, it was a great experience getting to use a new material to build such a beautiful deck.